Tuesday 21 April 2015

A new perspective to life

It is not every day that we look at something that gives us hope for future and fills us with optimism. There are certain incidents, though seemingly irrelevant, would give us the courage and hope. 
Recently, I was watching a serial with my mother. I usually don’t like to watch any local channels. But that day, I thought I will just sit with my mother and see what is so enticing in those local regional serials. I sat with her for an hour and was watching the serials with her. I was asking her the story of each and every thing. She was more than happy to tell me who is who and what is going on right now. I was glad that though I was bored, she was happy to tell me about something she likes. 
After few minutes, I thought if anyway I have decided to watch these for some time, I would better see what exactly is going on in those serials. I started listening.
There was this one particular scene where one of the main character comes in a bike from somewhere and he is quite thirsty. He sees a road side shop with eateries. He asks for the food. He observes that the girl in charge of the shop is not only selling the food, but also studying. He becomes curious and asks her what it is that she is studying. She replies saying that she is studying in school and her mother is not well. Her father has left them for another woman when she was a child. It is her mother who takes care of her by working in this small road side shop. 
Today her mother is sick, and she doesn’t have another option other than waiting in the shop to earn money for them to live. And she is studying because her final exams are about to start and she has to score a lot and get into a very good college. 
Even in a situation where she has to work to earn her day’s living, the girl in the serial was very positive and filled with hope and ambitions for the future. I thought about how we are, we have better things to live with, yet we crib about the things we don’t have. If we don’t get a small thing, we make a big deal out of it. Never once have we thought about how people who earn their daily wages live. They lead a fuller life with what they have than crib for things they don’t have. 
By watching that serial that day, I realised that we should be grateful for what we have and by looking at the ambition and the positivity that they girl portrayed, I was filled with joy and hope for future and about what I could do with life. And not just worry about things.

Visit : https://housing.com/lookup

No comments:

Post a Comment