Tuesday 21 April 2015

A shift from hating to accepting the changes that life toss upon us.

We all have experienced change and have gone through a lot of changes in life. Change may be not very pleasant, but sometimes we are not left with an option other than embracing the change. 
The changes I have been through most of my life is that I have never really lived in one particular place for a very long time. For college, work, etc, I was always moving and visiting a lot of new places. The thought of going to a new place, the new environment, new people, and new culture is all exciting and sounds very good. But in reality, it isn’t the case. Every single time you move to a new place, you have to get settled in that new environment. You have to look around for all the stores. You have to make contact with new people all over again. 
If you are a kind of a person who is happy sitting at home, and like to live in the sort of a cocoon, then you would hate this life of continuous travel and movement. Though there are always some bad things in any situation, it is the way you look at the things that will make you happy and adjust to the new situation. 
I personally, used to detest this kind of change. I was sick of moving from one place to another. And half the time, I would rather sit in my couch with the laptop or the TV on. But later on, I started to understand and realise that if this is my life, I better get used to it and start to love the change. 
Once I changed the way I looked at the things, I saw a new perspective to every single small detail in the new city I am in. The culture, the type of people in that particular city are very different from the ones I was living among earlier. It has given me huge insight into how people behave due to cultural differences, even within one country. 
I started visiting all the unique buildings and cultural traditions of the new city. Now, I don’t think twice about moving to a new place. Because of my travel and as I have lived in many places, my exposure and knowledge about the people across India have increased. And they are helping me to adjust to any new circumstance. Because I have interacted with people from multiple cultures, I know what is good and what is bad. It has made me a better individual who is more supportive. I am now able to actually listen to what everyone is saying, and not just pretend to listen. 
I would advise anyone to accept change with a whole heart, for it would make you a better person. 

Visit : https://housing.com/in

Watch this video :

No comments:

Post a Comment