Monday 20 April 2015

The welcomed change

 Sometimes by birth, upbringing and associations you develop a perspective about a particular person, object or situation. Sometimes this perspective will remain intact throughout your life. But sometimes when you actually come across such a situation or interact with such a person, you may realize that the perspective that you have had in your mind for so many years is now suddenly being challenged. I too had such a perspective in my mind for years together which was challenged and certainly changed one year back.

I am currently a second year MBA student in Mumbai. After the end of first year we all are supposed to undergo a 2 month long summer internship in some company. I was selected by an FMCG company to do internship. Most of my classmates had Mumbai, Delhi or Bangalore as their job locations. Unfortunately my job location was Ranchi. I was certainly not happy with it. First of all, I never visited this city. I didn’t know about this city at all. Secondly I was the only one from my class to go to Ranchi for internship. Thirdly I was supposed to make arrangements for my accommodation. Luckily for me one of my closest friends is from Ranchi and it was decided that I will stay at his place during my internship.I have always lived in a nuclear family. I could never relate to the concept of joint family. I actually hated the concept. I always thought that how can someone live with so many people around. No privacy, too much interruption, too much interference from everyone. You can not do everything you want. I had never asked and my friend had never told me. Just a day before leaving for Ranchi, I came to know that my friend is living in a joint family. I was tensed and so were my parents. It was decided that I will stay there for a few days and mean while look for some PG. Once I get some PG, I will shift there.Anyway, I reached there. As expected I was given a warm welcome. I thought that anyway I am going to live here for few days only so lets start talking to everyone.


Time started passing and slowly I started liking my stay there. In fact I stayed there for two months and never shifted to a PG. It was nice, a complete new experience for me. In my house I am the one to decide when do I want to sleep and when do I want to get up. Here dadi would come to my room at 6 30 in the morning and wake me up. I had to play video games with bablu, I used to go to play cricket with Vikash. The entire two months were like a vacation to me.


I never expected that I will enjoy the company of so many people but I actually did. I miss them sometime. I make sure to talk to them once in a while to relive the same warm experience of togetherness.


View : https://housing.com/in

No comments:

Post a Comment